Do I Qualify?

Most students accepted into the program have a degree from a recognized university. The minimum requirement to enter our Juris Doctor (JD) program is two full years (60 credit units) of academic work at a recognized university, or the equivalent of such work. You may enter the program as a regular, special or Aboriginal applicant.

Regular Applicants: Apply as a regular applicant if you meet the entrance requirements and do not meet criteria for special or Aboriginal applicants.

Special Applicants: You may apply as a special applicant if your educational opportunities have been hindered by special circumstances.

Aboriginal Applicants: You may apply as an Aboriginal applicant if you are of Aboriginal ancestry (First Nations, Métis or Inuit).  


Admission Decisions

Admission to the College of Law is at the discretion of the Admissions Committee of the college. In exercising its discretion, the committee considers academic background and LSAT score, and gives a slight preference to applicants with a Saskatchewan connection or residents of the Yukon, Northwest and Nunavut Territories, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador (these being provinces or territories with no law college). 

The Admissions Committee looks at your best two (2) full years of undergraduate study in calculating your GPA. These two years do not have to be consecutive, but you do need at least 24 credits in each of these years (Fall/Winter Session). They do not look at any spring or summer classes in calculating your GPA. They weigh your two-year GPA and LSAT score equally when assessing your file.

For those applicants with a Saskatchewan connection, indicate on your application if your siblings are currently attending the University of Saskatchewan, or if your parents, siblings or grandparents have attended the University of Saskatchewan College of Law.  Indicate if you are a former resident of Saskatchewan, and if you attended elementary and/or high school in Saskatchewan.  If you consider that you have another type of connection with Saskatchewan, for example, a spouse currently attending the University of Saskatchewan, indicate this on the application form.  If there is insufficient space on the Application Form, provide further details in your personal statement.


All applicants should proceed next to How to Apply